Broken Performance Chipper Shredder PWR1800SC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had this shredder 3 years and only used about twice. I started smoking when using last and i switched off and opened and cleared the twigs etc. Now it powers up and the motor sounds fine but the shreding wheel isnt moving. Has a pin sheared off or something like bearings? The wheel is very stiff to turn by hand . Annoying that I have only used twice as it cost alot but B&Q dont want to know!

Sponsored Links
Yes, B&Q appear to just wash their hands of these Chinese imports once they're past warranty and they can't do a strtaight swap.

If your model is PWR1800SC or TRY1800CSA - it sounds like the same problem as mine - searching on the part number I found that you can buy a replacement drive belt for it from Solent Tools - http://www.solenttools.co.uk/perfor...800sc-try1800csa-shredder-2057010-331171-.php - I suspect that this is the issue. Now I only have to work out how to take the thing apart - I had a go previously but after removing all screws, I appeared to be left with a sealed unit with just the blade axle sticking out - but my logic is that if someone knows that these drive belts are suitable replacements then someone knows how to take the unit apart!

Best of luck

Sponsored Links
Yes, B&Q appear to just wash their hands of these Chinese imports once they're past warranty and they can't do a strtaight swap.

If your model is PWR1800SC or TRY1800CSA - it sounds like the same problem as mine - searching on the part number I found that you can buy a replacement drive belt for it from Solent Tools - http://www.solenttools.co.uk/perfor...800sc-try1800csa-shredder-2057010-331171-.php - I suspect that this is the issue. Now I only have to work out how to take the thing apart - I had a go previously but after removing all screws, I appeared to be left with a sealed unit with just the blade axle sticking out - but my logic is that if someone knows that these drive belts are suitable replacements then someone knows how to take the unit apart!

Best of luck

Do let me know how you fix this when done?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back