Broken plastic thermostatic cartridge cap, options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This probably belongs in the DIY disasters section but nonetheless...

I was just descaling my thermostatic cartridge and as I was putting it all back on I managed (don't ask me how) to break the plastic cap off the end which caused the middle of the cartridge to pop-out and now I get cold water only from the shower. What are my options here?

Do I need a new cartridge or is there something else I can do? I'm going to need to try and sort this tonight so I can shower before work tomorrow haha...

Here's a picture. I wish I knew the brand and model but I don't have a clue. There is a B&Q, Screwfix and a Homebase nearby so I can visit any of these before 8pm tonight if required...

img20130204wa0005.jpg

Sponsored Links
Take a picture of the shower controls and send it to 'showerdoctor.com' they are based in Scotland. They can supply you with any new parts you need.

Forget the local sheds.

Andy

Next question would be, how do I remove the existing temp control nut from the cartridge?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back