broken seal on bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a sink, which has a bead of clear gel attaching it to a laminate worktop. This seal has broken and the sink is now loose. The sink overhangs the cabinet.

Can somebody tell me the best way to resolve this?

Do I just replace this gel and hope it sticks, or is there a more reliable method to use?

Sponsored Links
The sink should have been clipped from underneath. If you don't want to lift the sink out then try raising it slightly all round, clear out the old sealant, and squeeze some more all around under the rim. Hold down with a weight for at least 4hours and it should seal itself again. :)

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I can raise it a bit, so will go for that option first.
Which sealant is best to use?

Silicone. Sorry probably not clipped from underneath, because you said it was a sink. Sinks go in Kitchens - basins go in bathrooms! Technical point that only plumbers use after years of training. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That`s what the overhang is about , then :LOL: . a semi - recessed bathroom Basin :idea:

Cheers. I hve googled clear silicone and this has come back with something called Plumbers Gold. Is this any good, or is there a better silicone gel to get?

Don't get too hung up about which silicone sealant to use. Just get a bathroom one from DIY store that's mould resistant. All stick the same. If you want a nice finish use a wetted finger. Best tool I know of! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back