Brown Cold Water

S

shelaghb

Can anyone give me advice as to what may have caused this. This afternoon the water pressure suddenly dropped considerably. When the water return to normal pressure it is very brown and silty.

Our water is on a direct feed from main, no storage tank - and we have a 3 year old combination boiler. Hot water is also brown.

Spoke to Water Board who advised that they have no repair work in the area and tried to blame the cause on us. Is this correct - how could it be us that caused this, we were having no repairs done, and why was the pressure drop all of a sudden.

Any advice would be appreciated as I cannot argue with them until I have some idea what I am talking about.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Just run the cold tap until the water clears...there must have been some work somewhere - there's nothing you can do to cause this!
John :)

Thanks for the advice John - I knew it was nothing to do with us

Yeah as you have done no work run the taps and hopefully it will sort it self out , by them saying they have done no work could possibly mean we have but don't want to admit a mistake some where along the line

Sponsored Links
Could be that a contractor digging has hit a water pipe causing the loss in pressure and dirt to enter the supply. If it doesn't improve after running out the taps, or if your pressure is still lower than normal, call them back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back