Brownish thick goo like stuff found at bottom of wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I hope someone can help shed some light on this problem. I have re built an old conservatory with a dwarf wall. The dwarf wall is large concrete panels bolted together with brick effect at the front. On the inside I have sealed the joins then completely painted in bitumen membrane (wicks damp proofing) then battened and put up plaster board. I've left a gap so the plaster board doesn't touch the ground. I then put expanding foam in between the concrete and plaster board and cut away the excess and over spill at top and bottom. On top I put some thin skirting to act like a mini windowsill to hide the gap at the top. This has been up for around 2 weeks with no leaks or anything.

2 days ago i wall papered and payed my floor (laminate.) I went in there tonight to fit the skirting and noticed in several places along the bottom of the wall there was small amounts (mini puddles) of dark brownish kind tar like goo. I'm not sure if this is because there is now water getting in as it did rain recently ( but also rained loads before with no leaks.) I'm guessing if this is the case it's getting in under the main window sill. Or maybe there is condensation on the inside and it's tuning down the wall with the bitumen which is why it's kinda think and tar like.? Does anyone know anything about this or have any suggestions ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back