BS 60947-2 max permitted ZS, any ideas???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Doing a PIR and am trying to find max values for BS 60947-2 MCCB's
Does anyone out there know this?
Any help would be appreciated
thanks

Sponsored Links
BS60947-2 is a MCCB, you're getting confused with BS60947-3 which is a switch disconnector/isolator.

Doesn't BSEN60947-3 define a switch disconnector, while BSEN60947-2 (as in the OP) defines a MCCB?

Sponsored Links
I was under the impression a 60947-3 is an isolator and a 60947-2 is an overcurrent protective device

Yeah, 60947-2 is for an MCCB.
These do not have characteristics like MCBs hence you need to consult the manufacturers data for the information. What make and model are they?

I was under the impression a 60947-3 is an isolator and a 60947-2 is an overcurrent protective device

It is, you must have missed posts by Adam and myself ;)

Can't help you with max loop impedance values though. Maybe contact the manufacturer?

I have a printout from AMTECH and it states a 60947-3 is an isolator and 60947-2 is listed in the general protective device category. But i cannot find anything anywhere else

BSEN 60947-2 MCCB:
IMGP2233-1.jpg

It appears that this particular MCCB has an instant trip current of 800A (Im)

Using the formula: (Uoc/Im)x0.8 = Max measured Zs

this MCCB has a max Zs of 0.24ohms

I have added the 0.8 multiplier to the formula as correction for thermal differences.

Surely MCCB's are only for industrial use because of their characteristics, not dom/com?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back