BS 7671 Amd No. 2: 2013

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know over the past few months there have been a few threads about EV charging points. I learnt a bit about it before I went off sick and was unaware this has been introduced.

Here's hoping everyone is aware of this!

The IET Wiring Regulations Seventeenth Edition, BS 7671:2008, Amendment No 2:2013

The IET has now made available Amendment No 2 to BS 7671:2008, the IET Wiring Regulations Seventeenth Edition.

Issued on 1st August 2013, the Amendment comprises a new section: 722 – Electric Vehicle Charging Installations, based on HD 60364-7-722 (April 2012).

This follows the publication of the free corrigendum to BS 7671:2008(2011) which replaced section 710 – Medical Locations.

This amendment is vital for all involved in the installation of electric vehicle charging points. The specific requirements include PME systems, socket-outlets and connectors, as well as external influences, isolation and switching and RCD protection.

All installations designed after 31st July 2013 are to comply with BS 7671:2008 Amendment 2:2013.

Sponsored Links
Competent person is no longer recognised - it is electrically skilled.

Also added 521.200 regarding using fire resistant fixings for cables above escape routes ie no more plastic cable ties alone or cables in pvc trunking/conduit alone.

Sponsored Links
Also added 521.200 regarding using fire resistant fixings for cables above escape routes ie no more plastic cable ties alone or cables in pvc trunking/conduit alone.

Thats not in admendment 2, thats in the DPC for the forthcomming AMD 3.

Who knows whether it'll still be there when its finalised, the take on RCD protection for concealed cables in a domesic premises was quite different in the DPC for the original release of the 17th edition than it was when it was published

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back