BT another british rip off

why dont you set up a direct debit or payment plan, they dont charge for that

Oh thats nice of them, I think you're missing the point. What right has any company to charge you for paying your bill?

bit like ticketmaster. only way to buy the tickets and you get charged for paying for them

and then they charge you a processing and postage fee - and then e-mail the tickets to you to print out yourself! Robbin' *******

Sponsored Links
I agree with the original poster, it is a p*ss take and BT are one of the worst for it.

I paid to have a phone line reconnected at a cost of £175 which was to be paid over 3 months (added onto the bill) but their conditions were you had to be on a certain package for at least the first 3 months. We agreed to this and after we paid the first 3 months bill, they had added additional costs which meant that we could not downgrade our package :evil:

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with lincs, they are going to profit from you using their service so why should you have to pay for the line to be connected anyway?

Another scam by another big company, it would appear that most companies with the word "British" in them is generally a rip off.

Last company I worked for, had a BT phone line put into the unit I worked in so I had Broadband and phone line for fax. The day that BT were supposed to turn up, I got a mobile call from the BT engineer asking where our unit was. I gave him clear directions and he turned up about half hour later. He told me they had the address of the unit down as an industrial estate, when the unit was on a business park. He installed the phone line and checked it.
After he'd gone I set up the broadband according to all of the instructions. Fantastic. I could connect to our company server via a VPN and fax orders through to HQ.
Everything was ok for about 4 months then the phone line stopped working. A week later I lost the broadband connection.
Several phone calls to BT later, It transpired that they were sending the bills to a non existent address on the industrial estate up the road. Their helpline people were extremely unhelpful.
All they kept asking me was the address the bills had been sent to. Once I had realised they were going to the wrong address, I told them where they should send the bills to. They insisted on the password my manager had given them almost 6 months earlier. He couldn't remember so we were stuck.
I even asked the helpline person if I could speak to his supervisor and was most surprised to be told to F off just before he put the phone down. When the engineer had installed the phone line, he should have altered the address on his works order but had failed to do so. BT were a joke then and from what I hear, they still are.

it was almost £20 extra for using my Debit Card.
Snico you mean credit card don't you.

No, it was Visa Debit card. They add the charges per person flying
I know there is a charge on using a credit card with some companys and they tell you its 2.5% but i thought if you use your debit card because its a different system that there would be no charge,well you learn summit new every day.I suppose cash is still king if you can still get it with out incurring charges.

Sponsored Links
GPO/Post Office Telephone/British Telecom have been a bunch of robbing crooks for 40 years.

I resented being charged £140 (more than a months wages)to have a phone installed by them in 1975, when I switched to Virgin later on I swore i would never have a phone from them again ,and i never have, until they give me the £140 they mugged me for.

Its like this - if you want to put a phone in my house, ill use it and pay the bill, but im not PAYING to have the phone put in - the cost of installing it is YOUR business expense, not mine, its your problem. If the Bus Company charged you for paining the bus shelter just because you used the bus you woudl tell them to p**s off. Similarly, if the supermarkets billed you for painting the white lines on the car park because you shopped there, you would similarly tell them to swivel, ergo the cost of installing equipment i dont own, and am not responsible for, is your problem, if you want my custom and money.

I have a second reason to hate BT, when i was rolling out internet and email to schools, the only option was private leased lines from BT, BT did everything they could to prevent the spread of high speed communication lines because they saw it as a threat, had they engaged as they should, we would have had internet and free/cheap calls a decade before we did in this country. It was the private companies like Mercury and Diamond Cable that got it all moving.
:LOL: :LOL: Who de regulated it all an sold the shares --- Who bought the shares :LOL: :LOL: Reap what you sow . Long live the Free Market Economy ;)

GPO/Post Office Telephone/British Telecom have been a bunch of robbing crooks for 40 years.

I have a second reason to hate BT, in this country. It was the private companies like Mercury and Diamond Cable that got it all moving.
:LOL: :LOL: Who de regulated it all an sold the shares --- Who bought the shares :LOL: :LOL: Reap what you sow . Long live the Free Market Economy ;)

I resented being charged £140 (more than a months wages)to have a phone installed by them in 1975, when I switched to Virgin later on I swore i would never have a phone from them again ,and i never have, until they give me the £140 they mugged me for.

Its like this - if you want to put a phone in my house, ill use it and pay the bill, but im not PAYING to have the phone put in - the cost of installing it is YOUR business expense, not mine, its your problem. If the Bus Company charged you for paining the bus shelter just because you used the bus you woudl tell them to p**s off. Similarly, if the supermarkets billed you for painting the white lines on the car park because you shopped there, you would similarly tell them to swivel, ergo the cost of installing equipment i dont own, and am not responsible for, is your problem, if you want my custom and money.

I have a second reason to hate BT, when i was rolling out internet and email to schools, the only option was private leased lines from BT, BT did everything they could to prevent the spread of high speed communication lines because they saw it as a threat, had they engaged as they should, we would have had internet and free/cheap calls a decade before we did in this country. It was the private companies like Mercury and Diamond Cable that got it all moving.

Ah but

1. i never bought shares in anything in my life.

2. I believe theres certian essential infrastructure organisations that should NOT EVER be in private hands, they are:

water
gas
electricity
telecomms
security
police
schools
health
railways
roads
airports

If i was in charge i woudl renationalise without compensation the above industries, in the interests of the country. Look atthe electricity industry, now basically owned by the French company EDF, which is part owned by the French government, and frequently holds us to ransom - they jack up prices here to keep french voters and customers sweet. Clearly unacceptable and not in our national interest.

Back