BT Boardband disconnecting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any of you on BT Boardband having problem?

Mine keep disconnecting in difference hour of the day I have re-install the software and download the latest drivers and still having problem. The only thing I haven't tested yet is the netgear router, is there a way of testing this?

Or is this the external problem and I wondered if any of you having the same problem?

Sponsored Links
Is the router a DG834 or derivative? These had a habit of losing connection with earlier firmware versions. Check their website for the latest firmware first.

Also, check it the router is set to dial on demand using the browser. You may find it has a disconnect period. There should be a method to make the connection 'always on'.

The router should have a set of logs you can look at. See if there have been any denial of service (DOS) attacks.

Igorian said:
The router should have a set of logs you can look at

if not try these
images

but seriously, why not "not have" the router for a few days, and see does the connection still work or drop out

Thanks lads,
Igorian said:
Is the router a DG834 or derivative? These had a habit of losing connection with earlier firmware versions. Check their website for the latest firmware first.
The model is Netgear DG814
breezer said:
why not "not have" the router for a few days, and see does the connection still work or drop out
I bypass the router yesterday and seem to be okay at the moment so maybe the router is at fault.

Sponsored Links
Log on to the routers browser and go to the basic setting menu. You'll see a box that says idle timeout. Make sure this is set to zero so that it doesn't ever disconnect. Also check the firmware. The latest version is 4.10. All the info you need is here.

Right got a headache here :cry:

Done as suggested above, I by-pass the router by just using just the bt boardband stringray modern and it disconnected about 2 to 3 time a day as with the router it was disconnecting every 30 minutes. Am'I unlucky they both might faulty or maybe loose connection somewhere or outside problem?

Yes, it's possible. It could also be a faulty line card at the exchange. Are you sure that the auto disconnect function is off?

Igorian said:
Are you sure that the auto disconnect function is off?
Yes I have, I trying something at the moment and will let you know what might be happening.

masona said:
Igorian said:
Are you sure that the auto disconnect function is off?
Yes I have, I trying something at the moment and will let you know what might be happening.
Right it's the netgear router playing up.

Igorian or anyone,

I noticed you're keen on the Draytek products, any comment on this one or any recommendation ?

Yes, I fit a lot of these for home use. Not had any problems so far. Have you upgraded the firmware on your netgear?

It has some good features for an entry level router. Also a 3 year warranty.

Sponsored Links
Back