Web disconnect?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have connected up a newer computer will all the latest specs and its very good at displaying moving TV compared with the old one a 3.4 Ghz running Vista which was dreadful.

But there is a problem with the broadband connection which uses a wired connection to this computer and is with Talktalk.

It works fine and will view TV for hours on end. However, it seems to disconnect itself if its not doing something and then takes ages to reconnect.

Can anyone guess why it seems to be disconnecting so quickly? I have seen that problem on other setups as well so its evidently a common problem.

Tony

Sponsored Links
My computer too seems to like disconnecting itself from the router for no apparent reason. When I asked about this with my Internet service provider, they said it was a problem with lease expiry on the connection. Dunno what this is but apparently when the computer connects to the router, a lease is obtained and has an expiry time. This is supposed to update itself automatically but sometimes it doesn't and so disconnects from the router.
Bloody annoying it is. The only way I can get round it is to restart my computer.

Post your questions on the TalkTalk help forum. They usually give good advice.

Sponsored Links
This sounds like an ISP problem, before you call them turn off your modem and your PC then turn back on, this is the first thing they will tell you to do when you call so makes sense to do it first.

Some virus activity results in total internet loss so do a full virus sweep also

Back