BT Overhead Wires Into House

Thanks for the info (wether on topic or not :D ).

I think I'll do as simonpolly says as I have absolutley no need for this line (which wasn't noticable when it was clipped to the old window and painted over). The window fitter has clipped it down but couldn't really do much with it.

If BT ever query me about it I'll just plead ignorance.

"It was like that when I moved in"

Cheers guys

Sponsored Links
Back in the old days a long long time ago, there once was a breed of GPO/BT people who were Known as the Pipe Watchers.
These people had mystical powers and could tell anyone who intended to do any excavation anywhere if there were any telecoms u/g plant to avoid, by the use of a tone set and cable plans.
Even in those days you dug up a cable and hadn't asked for a pipe watcher you payed. (the service was free )

Back in the old days a long long time ago, there once was a breed of GPO/BT people who were Known as the Pipe Watchers.
These people had mystical powers and could tell anyone who intended to do any excavation anywhere if there were any telecoms u/g plant to avoid, by the use of a tone set and cable plans.
Even in those days you dug up a cable and hadn't asked for a pipe watcher you payed. (the service was free )
Dial before you dig,still around its just no one uses them,then wish they had when they cut off a small town :p

Sponsored Links
One thing that doesn't seem to happen any more is the old method of a temporary patch cable laid along the ground between cabinets until the damaged cable can be accessed or pulled out and replaced.

I suppose the temporary cable would dis-appear overnight if it was used.

It happens all the time ( overland cables being laid to restore service AND them being nicked )

Overlanded a 1000 last month because there was no duct space, so that's 1000 pr laid out and jointed, old 1000pr removed from duct, new 1000pr put in duct and then jointed back onto the new cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back