BT Socket Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, had some contractors that removed the BT socket and I am now left with these wires.

I could normally make sense of it and fix it, but these dont look like standard colours.

Please can someone offer some guidance (ex openreach engineer would be a bonus :giggle: )

I want to get the line back in service along with the broadband if possible.

This is fed in to a portacabin and was operational prior to the sockets being removed.

Any assistance would be really appreciated.

bt_wires_belfast.jpg

Sponsored Links
sockets being removed.

'Sockets' How many sockets?

If there was only one line, you could find the live pair, by checking between every wire and every other wire, with a multimeter on the 200v dc range, to check for 50v dc. The 50v -ish, will indicate a live pair you could use.

Over the years I have disconnected/reconnected a few domestic connections. I have never seen that many strands in one hit.

Ultimately, your broadband only uses two of those cables.

I have no idea which two though. Sorry.

Sponsored Links
Looks like a 20 pair cable, you sure you're not being distributed from another internal distribution point somewhere if this is a portakabin? Be an odd thing for Openreach to bring into a building like that.

Looks like CW1128

Pair1st Colour2nd Colour
1WhiteBlue
2WhiteOrange
3WhiteGreen
4WhiteBrown
5WhiteGrey
6RedBlue
7RedOrange
8RedGreen
9RedBrown
10RedGrey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back