BT True Call Nuisance Blocker Cordless Phone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to ask if I should take the handsets off the chargers while I am on holiday for two weeks. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I never do

Are you thinking they might overheat and burn the house down? They won't hurt the batteries.

Original chargers and bases from a reputable supplier are I believe well designed and tested.

I think the ones that cause accidents will be cheap unregulated imports found in street markets, car boot sales, and on Amazon, which is notorious for allowing dangerous products.

Thank you. Yes it is the original charger that came with the phone .

i would just leave the main handset in the cradle then when you get back your gteed a ringing phone otherwise if they all go flat no one can ring you and get a response
as an aside the current used is very very small and will at most cost you one kw unit at say 20p probably far far less so dont worry about the cost

Sponsored Links
Another thing I thought of is that if someone leaves a message, the answer machine pings constantly until the message is taken, and as I live in a close environment with my neighbours, it could cause a problem if it pings until I come home, and I can't see a setting to turn the ping off.

Another thing I thought of is that if someone leaves a message, the answer machine pings constantly until the message is taken, and as I live in a close environment with my neighbours, it could cause a problem if it pings until I come home, and I can't see a setting to turn the ping off.

If you decide to turn them off, then I would also remove at least one battery from the handset, or sets if more than one. That will prevent the batteries being completely run down, which can limit their working life. Besides, on your return and reinserting the batteries - the phone(s) will be ready for use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back