BT Wiring Question

Yes i have many times HAVE YOU ? you just think you know everything,
Ok clever dick if you disconnect the b1 in the exchange what happens to the b2 ?
And explain this mar 1 .9.02.07

Do I work for BT? of course not, I actually can run a cable .............

Sponsored Links
Ok clever dick if you disconnect the b1 in the exchange what happens to the b2 ?

Just as i thought your a silly little man who thinks he knows everything,Like i said openreach will and do de dacs and dacs re arrange to provide adsl for eu when it is possible.And i won`t even rise to the silly comment about not being able to run cables after all we only look after a massive network supplying 10`s of millons of customers

Just as i thought your a silly little man who thinks he knows everything,Like i said openreach will and do de dacs and dacs re arrange to provide adsl for eu when it is possible.And i won`t even rise to the silly comment about not being able to run cables after all we only look after a massive network supplying 10`s of millons of customers

I`ve taken the liberty of bolding the pertinant bit of your post, that wasn`t what you were saying earlier now was it. Seems your changing your tune now you know your wrong, remind us - how many applications for BB / REDCARE / de DACS do you personally make a month?

ps you wouldnt have the first clue how to build such a network now, your last 10mtrs is a disgrace on each and every job I`ve ever seen you bunch of ham fisted surface mount monkeys install and the customers hate you.

Like i said your a silly little man who thinks he knows everything,every day i work with ADSL DACS DELS ISDN REDCARE and the network it uses.You just think you know what your talking about,pray do enlighten me as to what you do and where your expertise comes from.

Sponsored Links
Like i said your a silly little man who thinks he knows everything,every day i work with ADSL DACS DELS ISDN REDCARE and the network it uses.You just think you know what your talking about,pray do enlighten me as to what you do and where your expertise comes from.

I own the regions premier alarm firm, BT class us as a large REDCARE user (over 350 connections) - I know what happens when you ask for a de DAC and it isnt "oh yes sir, do it now for you sir" - your a simple jumper fitter - and how many times do you get THAT right first time? non thats why you go round in pairs.

I`ve taken the liberty of bolding the pertinant bit of your post, that wasn`t what you were saying earlier now was it.

Simon just said that he has done hundreds of jobs which involve rearranging DACS pairings to free up a pair to provide ADSL service for somebody.

Obviously it comes down to a case of when possible. If you have, say, 50 pairs running to a particular area, 30 of which are in use by subscribers with ADSL, ISDN, Redcare etc. and the other 20 pairs are serving 40 PSTN-only subscribers via DACS, then there just isn't any way to rearrange things to provide another ADSL line without running in additional cables.

But as I read your earlier post you were suggesting that BT/OpenReach will refuse to even attempt to provide ADSL service to somebody whose line is already on DACS. (By the way, it's not just DACS to consider; in many districts further from the exchange there may be local line concentrators in use too.)

Now, if you're saying that some of the script-droids you talk to in India when trying to request things don't have a clue and will try to say you can't have something when you can, that's a different matter.....

I`ve taken the liberty of bolding the pertinant bit of your post, that wasn`t what you were saying earlier now was it.

Simon just said that he has done hundreds of jobs which involve rearranging DACS pairings to free up a pair to provide ADSL service for somebody.

Obviously it comes down to a case of when possible. If you have, say, 50 pairs running to a particular area, 30 of which are in use by subscribers with ADSL, ISDN, Redcare etc. and the other 20 pairs are serving 40 PSTN-only subscribers via DACS, then there just isn't any way to rearrange things to provide another ADSL line without running in additional cables.

But as I read your earlier post you were suggesting that BT/OpenReach will refuse to even attempt to provide ADSL service to somebody whose line is already on DACS. (By the way, it's not just DACS to consider; in many districts further from the exchange there may be local line concentrators in use too.)

Now, if you're saying that some of the script-droids you talk to in India when trying to request things don't have a clue and will try to say you can't have something when you can, that's a different matter.....

straight from my BT area managers mouth - "we only deDAC for BT group products and BB isnt the highest priority ............" and thats going to get worst now 21CN is off.

Paul c spot on you obviously know what your talking about

atilla your still talking rubbish both paul and me have said that a line will be de dacs when possible you were the one who said openreach will flatly refuse to remove a dacs to provide a adsl line THIS IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH ,obviously openreach are not going to invest £500,000 getting one dacs taken out .

Your B.T area manager ? do you work for B.T and area manager of what ?

Paul c spot on you obviously know what your talking about

atilla your still talking rubbish both paul and me have said that a line will be de dacs when possible you were the one who said openreach will flatly refuse to remove a dacs to provide a adsl line THIS IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH ,obviously openreach are not going to invest £500,000 getting one dacs taken out .

Your B.T area manager ? do you work for B.T and area manager of what ?

can you not read? we have our own relationship manager,

your`e the one posting rubbish as you say

obviously openreach are not going to invest £500,000 getting one dacs taken out

we do wish you would make your mind up.

Firstly who is WE ?
Second like paul c has said in some remote areas where there is a lack of line plant and the eu is using a dacs or line concentrator (bet you don`t even know what that is ) there is a limit in the amount that will be invested to remove a dacs ALL THIS IS FACTUALLY CORRECT UNLIKE THE RUBBISH YOU POST.

You said openreach will not flatly refuse to remove a dacs to provide adsl THIS IS WRONG

Firstly who is WE ?
Second like paul c has said in some remote areas where there is a lack of line plant and the eu is using a dacs or line concentrator (bet you don`t even know what that is ) there is a limit in the amount that will be invested to remove a dacs ALL THIS IS FACTUALLY CORRECT UNLIKE THE RUBBISH YOU POST.

You said openreach will not flatly refuse to remove a dacs to provide adsl THIS IS WRONG

we - my company, me

now who said this?

so if you ordered adsl broadband and you were on a dacs a engineer would come out and de dacs the line that broadband was going on

BUT also said WHEN PUSHED

when it is possible ...........,obviously openreach are not going to invest £500,000 getting one dacs taken out ............... in some remote areas where there is a lack of line plant and the eu is using a dacs or line concentrator (bet you don`t even know what that is ) there is a limit in the amount that will be invested to remove a dacs

so WHICH ONE IS IT?

Firstly you are just a silly bore,go back and read it from the start,i was offering a POSSIBLE reason for the second line Being cut off.You the piped up and said "OPENREACH WILL NOT REMOVE A DACS SO YOU CAN HAVE ADSL ON THE LINE" because i do this for a living i can tell you that is incorrect SO I THINK THAT BEING AS IT IS DONE WE CAN AGREE YOU WERE WRONG.

Secondly i never said "OPENREACH WILL ALWAYS REMOVE YOU FROM A DACS" and never gave that impression would you fit a alarm into a premises and charge them a standard fee if it was going to cost you £100,000`s to provide the service ?

Firstly you are just a silly bore,go back and read it from the start,i was offering a POSSIBLE reason for the second line Being cut off.You the piped up and said "OPENREACH WILL NOT REMOVE A DACS SO YOU CAN HAVE ADSL ON THE LINE" because i do this for a living i can tell you that is incorrect SO I THINK THAT BEING AS IT IS DONE WE CAN AGREE YOU WERE WRONG.

Secondly i never said "OPENREACH WILL ALWAYS REMOVE YOU FROM A DACS" and never gave that impression would you fit a alarm into a premises and charge them a standard fee if it was going to cost you £100,000`s to provide the service ?

so your appologising for misleading the O/P at last, well done.

one thing we will agree on - the amount of errors you make its obvious you work for BT.

Its plain to see you are just a boring know it all who actually when challenged know`s nothing.Good luck with your two bit one man band alarm installation company.

Its plain to see you are just a boring know it all who actually when challenged know`s nothing.Good luck with your two bit one man band alarm installation company.

please answer a question for once - will BT deDAC on demand?

tick here for yes _

tick here for no _

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back