Bubbles in ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am desperate for some advice. My ceilings in my hallway and up my stairs are covered in little paint bubbles, i am on the verge of putting my house on the market but really need some advice on how i can get rid of these bubbles other than to get a plasterer in. I noticed these appearing the last couple of times i have painted and they seem to be getting worse everytime i paint the ceilings. I have asked in the local DIY shop and they have suggested scraping and sanding down but when i tried this it is still leaving ridges were the bubble has been. I was also thinking of putting some lining paper up and then just painting over it?? I would really appreciate any advice available.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You would have to scrape them back like they said, and yes they would leave a slight ridge, which you would have to fill to smooth out the ridge, then sand down when dry, either that or line it.

Hi

I have been recommended to try some paint on polyfilla to try and get rid of the gaps and ridges, hopefully this will solve my problem...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back