Buffer/Polishing machine to use on "UV oiled engineered oak flooring"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The downstairs of my house features what the retailer describes as UV oiled engineered oak flooring. Something I have no experience of!

Since moving in 2yrs ago I have noticed the floor looking duller and to be showing some minor scuffs. Some research online suggested that treating the floor a couple of times a year with a maintenance oil can help with both these issues. (Unclear whether a wax could help seal/protect further without causing slippery floors)

Whilst I have a couple of car polishing devices (an expensive random orbit, and a cheap Halfords orbital one), I was looking into something I could push round. Options seem to include:
- Aircraft Powerglide. (circa £200) Rechargeable, seems primarily focussed at power mopping and polishing/cleaning tiles. Gets good reviews but unclear if it has the oomph for oil on wood
- Ewbank EP170 (circa £80) Corded, gets poor reviews on Amazon - described as 'lightweight'
- Dewalt have a polisher, seems again to be more angled towards tiled floors
- Hoover F38PQ (£42 on Amazon). 3 rotating discs, seems primarily sold on continent
- 'professional' buffers such as Numatic or Floorboy XL300 (£300-500)

Having never tried applying maintenance oil, I'm unclear whether I could get by with one of the first two. Anyone have experience or suggestions ?

Sponsored Links
with maintenance oil you just wipe it in with a cloth, no buffing required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back