build over agreement required?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

My 70's lean-to conservatory is being replaced with a new conservatory extension ie wall into living space will be opened up. Building regs stipulates new strip foundation as a result. ive read Southern water declaration of works guidance and the bit that may be relevant is :

"If the total coverage of the public sewer(s) (foul, surface water or both) exceeds 6 metres (including pipe work already built over) you’ll need to submit a build over agreement"

the length of the conservatory is a touch under 6m

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated
I have a public sewer
drains_forum.png

Sponsored Links
As from the pic it appears another house also uses your sewer then the water company may re-route it around your conservatory at their expense. Not 100% sure but that's what happened to one of my neighbours.

I suspect that you will have to pay to “map” their drain and cctv it then comply with their requirements to build over it and your BCO needs to see the agreement. Also we had to pay to have the cctv put down the drain afterwards to prove it hadn’t been damaged

That’s what Thames Water made us do

Sponsored Links
I suspect that you will have to pay to “map” their drain and cctv it then comply with their requirements to build over it and your BCO needs to see the agreement. Also we had to pay to have the cctv put down the drain afterwards to prove it hadn’t been damaged

That’s what Thames Water made us do
Thames water just asked us for photo evidence that we replaced with clay not plastic , no cctv was used or requested , each situation differs .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back