builder sending rainwater into a gully with foul water

We were being charged by the water company for storm handling even though we had soakaways. Once I built my own new soakaways and that I could then prove we had soakaways front and back, the charge was dropped.

Sponsored Links
now I'm thinking after getting someone to install the drainage near the house, with the drainage channels a bit higher than I wanted - this can no longer be the lowest point as it would take more MOT 1 hardcore to raise the other end to a higher point. It could take another 6 tonne bags and £300 to raise the foundation to the level required. So it looks like I'm going to have to slope the other away towards the retaining wall and create a soakaway. If a 1m square soakaway would suffice then I'm wondering if a long 10m soakaway at 10cm width x 1m depth and 10m length would be the same?
I could also try sloping long ways (slightly over the 10m length) and put a bit of a fall on towards these bottom steps but that might only be about 8-10cm over 10m distance.
I think it should be ok because when i used a jet washer on the wall for hours there were only small puddles accumulating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back