Builder wont finish flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My builder has finished the job (or says he has finished) and is now saying although he has started the flat roof he didnt quote for it so he isnt finishing it. I just want to know what i need to have done as now hes been paid he has disappeared.

He has used torch on felt and has put on a first layer and then a second thicker layer. The builder has left a tin of solarflex, can i now just paint that on or should i get someone to put on a green mineral layer instead?

Sponsored Links
PLease post a picture of it all so that those in the know can advise you better. :D

Not sure why its so funny, anyway, here are the shots of the roof, it has frost on but i hope it helps. basically there is a bottom layer of torch on and then a second layer of torch on.

So what do you think, its not Solarflex that I have as i thought but Aluminuim paint from CROMASOL, its a solvent based reflective coating for use on bituminous surfaces. Is this ok to paint on, as you can see from the photos where the roof kicks up at the edge you can see the wood,i guess that a mineral layer would go over that, so the other question is how do i deal with the edge if i can just use the paint?

Sponsored Links
why should he finish something he never agreed to do in the first place?

Probably because starting something that was never agreed in the first place, is potentially criminal damage.

OK well I am happy to finish it off without him. So the question is do i use the Aluminium Paint or go for the mineral layer?

It wants the mineral and drip detail fitting. Get your wallet out, he's made it watertight, done you a favour imo.

OK so the question is mineral layer or this 25 ltrs of Cromar Aluminum Paint?

BTW, he quoted for the F'ing roof but has left it half finished, how is that doing me a favour?

Well if he quoted, i.e. written quote, then he is in breach of contract.

To be honest I have had enough of the builder he has taken a long time to build the extension and made a mess of installing windows, brickwork, drainage and more, i am guessing the BCO is going to have a field day when i get the final inspection so I dont want to see the builder again and given he has been paid I suspect I wont see him again anyway.

So I would rather do the finishing off myself, i dont want to pay lawyers and given that I have already paid for the job I dont want to pay again.

I have posted a new question about the Mineral/Aluminum paint options.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back