Builders Installing Outside Tap - Looks Like A Bodge To Me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this acceptable practice for an outside tap?

At the far end it's T'd into the mains supply, then concreted into the floor of what will be the conservatory. I think it's a bodge, but am I being over picky?

Sponsored Links
I'm unsure about any building regulations here but it would be blue MDPE for me.....just asking for a burst there!
John :)

I definitely wouldn't have that speedfit fitting there, if it goes you will have a nightmare, one solid length of protected pipe, and an elbow on the end would be better, make sure they fit an accessible isolating valve as close to the main as they can.

Sponsored Links
Looks like its just going to be buried in concrete.

I would always protect copper, usually putting it in foam insulation so it can independently move as well as insulating it thermally.

Unless essential its not a good idea to have any joints apart from soldered ones inside concrete.

Seems odd to have a mix of copper and plastic pipe!

As plastic comes in long lengths its rare to need to have joints in it under the floor.

Tony

They are re doing it, along a different route. The route I originally suggested.

Plumber No 1 came out this morning & was unimpressed by what plumber No2 had don

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back