Outside tap not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Hope it's ok to post this here.

I have an outside tap at the back of the house. It's always worked fine until this spring (it's not used over the winter).

It comes out from our utility room. In there is a sink and toilet, both of which work fine. As far as I can see, the pipe comes off the same line straight out through the wall for the outside tap. So it's definitely got a supply of water that far.
Any ideas what might stop the water coming out of the tap? It's only about 8 inches of pipe between the toilet on the inside (which works) and the tap on the outside.
My guess is somethings broken during the cold winter. However there are no leaks.
When I turn the tap on fully, there is a slight dribble of water that comes out.
Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The jumper in the tap may have broke from the spindle.
A new tap is only a few ££'s

...also, I have tried fixing as if an air lock (i.e. holding my thumb over the outlet for as long as I can manage and then quickly removing). This made no difference.

Sponsored Links
There's no iso valve.
Will investigate whether a new washer will fix it.

Thanks for replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back