Outside tap not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My outside tap has stopped working. When I turn it on now I just get a dribble (at best). It's a new (3 years) house and the tap was already installed when I moved in. It was working at about Xmas time. There's a stop cock and a one-way valve (??) in the kitchen cupboard immediately before the pipe goes outside. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Its probably the 'jumper' at fault in the outside tap - this is the part that holds the rubber washer in place. Quite often then stick down, but the fact that you have an internal stopcock makes for a simple repair.
Stopcock off, undo the large hexagon on the outside tap body to reveal the insert and washer. Briefly turn the inside stopcock on just to check that it isn't that at fault. Turn the rubber washer by hand and the jumper will come free. Lubricate any threads inside the tap with some vaseline or silicone grease.
John :)

Pipe froze and b`ggured the "one way valve" - as the water tried to push back :idea: It`s a Double Check Valve - and a standard fitting from plumber`s merchant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back