Builders own home extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to see a chinese builder who is renovating his own home, hes gutted it, built loft dormer and then 4m extension but he has a problem, he has no permission for a 4m extension, permission was denied yet he still built it. I think he misread the letter from the borough and planning are involved.

The workmanship was good, what shame.

Sponsored Links
Is it a terrace? Or 2 storey? You can go out 6m under PD in most cases, can't you?

Or garden too small?

Is it a terrace? Or 2 storey? You can go out 6m under PD in most cases, can't you?

Or garden too small?

Terraced, garden is big, single storey, thing is both neigbours objected to it as well.

Sponsored Links
If the planners started enforcement, would it become a Chinese Takeaway?

Very Funny.

Talking to them i think they misconstrued the letter, but they may get away with it due to new rules on house extensions after an appeal.

Very Funny.

Talking to them i think they misconstrued the letter, but they may get away with it due to new rules on house extensions after an appeal.

Unless they've changed the rules you could not use the new larger home extension prior approval scheme for an extension that has already been built. So it will have to be a full householder planning application, which by the sounds of it will be refused. Then they can take their chances on appeal provided they think they have good grounds, just saying they misunderstood the original refusal is not going to cut it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back