Building a 2m high garden wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to replace the fence between myself and next door with a 2m high wall. I dont want the wall to be too thick as my garden is only 5mx5m ( a yard really). The advice I can find online suggests that a 2m high wall needs to be 300mm wide using blocks. This seems quite wide and if i do that on both sides of the garden im really reducing the size of the garden. Does anyone have any other ideas or experience in this area. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Construction aside, do the fences belong to you or your neighbour? If either belong to a neighbour, you can’t touch them unless they give permission; if they won't, all you can do is build your wall alongside.

What about concrete posts with 6'' concrete gavel boards, 6' panels.
Total height 6'6''.

Easy to replace panels in future, just slide them out, you can make them difficult to remove.
(Various ways of doing this)

Cheaper than a brick/block wall and quicker.

Also cheaper

Andy

Sponsored Links
we have permission to build the walls, so thats not a problem. We would prefer a wall as would our neighbours. I just dont want it 300mm wide. It will be rendered and painted.

and then fall over if its not stable enough. at 2m high it will take a lot of wind loading.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back