building a diy exercise pool i found a cheap way of doing it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Im planning a diy exercise swimming pool, wanted to share the best method that i found.

1) liner wasn't keen to weak.
2) fibre glass shell cant find one for under 4k
3) ready made exercise pool made from fibre glass no less that 10k out of my budget.

found a company that specializes in grp roofing (fibre glass roofing) they line swimming pools in grp they also do wetrooms.

ive been quoted 1.200 for a 4x2m 1.2m in ground pool, grp applied to a solid concrete base which i will be constructing.

my 2nd mission is to find a water pump strong enough to create a counter swimming current, would two 4hp powerful swimming pumps be up to the job.

I have another question....my pools going in the end of my basement which will be a in ground concrete base with delta waterproof membrane..how would i deal with the pool end water proofing as i take it this company will apply the grp straight on to the concrete base and wont want to apply the grp onto the delta membrane ....would i exclude the use of delta waterproof membrane in the pool area give the pool concrete base a slight slope into its own sump and pump to collect any external water coming through the the concrete pool walls.

Cheers all

Sponsored Links
This sounds like an interesting project to watch evolve. Out of interest, how do you intend to keep the water clean and how do you intend to heat it (or are you going to rely on ambient background temperature?)

Sponsored Links
How do you intend to get it past Planning and Building Control?

If you are doing it yourself are you a qualified spark who can sign off your work? (You will need to fit filters, pumps, heaters etc).

Will you be able to adhere to the water regulations so there is no danger of back-feeding 'dirty' water into the mains supply?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back