Building a Door Frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just about to lay the footings for my block and wood shed.
I will be installing a wood or UPVC door.
Any tips help on how to prep and build a door step. Can I fit a UPVC or wood door step onto the footing or do I need to lay at least one course of breeze block?
Also how wide should I make the gap for the door? Haven't picked the door yet.

Sponsored Links
Also how wide should I make the gap for the door?

I always find that its best to have the gap no narrower than the frame. (y)

You post is not clear. You mention build a door step, but do you mean a threshold or is the door frame not having a cill and having a brick or concrete step?

You need to decide if you are having a plastic or timber door set first, and if this will be placed at floor level, or if it is plastic is it to be set down a course to allow for the high threshold. This will affect the DPC.

I obviously need more help than I thought. I have started a thread in the project area "Block and wood shed".
I'll be fitting a double glazed wood or UPVC door but need to build a door step / sill.

Sponsored Links
Google something that's similar to what you are trying to achieve and link to a picture. But you need to decide what type of door and frame you are having beforehand, not afterwards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back