Building a shed

Deluks said:
Surely it would be much quicker to knock up the framework on site??

You are looking at building it , transporting it, and then erecting it. Why the hassle when you can just work from a pile of timber, bag o' nails and bit of string. Plus it will use less timber as you won't have to have adjoining frames bolted together.

Who wants to spend time on site and have all the extra gear along, when you could take the assembled frames, bolt them together and have done with it?

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
Deluks said:
Surely it would be much quicker to knock up the framework on site??

You are looking at building it , transporting it, and then erecting it. Why the hassle when you can just work from a pile of timber, bag o' nails and bit of string. Plus it will use less timber as you won't have to have adjoining frames bolted together.

Who wants to spend time on site and have all the extra gear along, when you could take the assembled frames, bolt them together and have done with it?

Well I would (have done) ;)

what extra gear..?

you'd need the following to erect a pre-fab...

cordless drill ( for screwing things together and drilling for cables etc.. )
hammer
nails
hammer drill / SDS drill ( for bolting to concrete floor )
chop saw / hand saw / circular saw ( for cutting the ship lap / ply to size or the T+G for inside. )

what's different then what you would use in the shop?

with the possible exception of a planer and a sander if you're a perfectionist?

oh and NICE SHED!!!....

got the plans handy? I got a big plot at the side my garden with a crappy home built box that the last guy left.. clad in tarpaulin at the min.. nice concrete base though...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back