building a wooden chute to take concrete delivery

• Thread starter live4weekends
  • Start date
L

live4weekends

need to pour 1.2m of concrete for floor slab inside (almost) finished house extension - there is a valid reason for not doing the oversite in this room before this stage, before anyone asks ;)

the truck could back up to front door but the room is around a 90 degree corner perhaps a couple of metres in total. I was thinking of knocking up a chute out of some plywood and lining it with spare DPM to help it flow better.

anything I should worry about here, apart from making sure the structure is strong enough?

Sponsored Links
why not use a barrow???

yes,it will splash everywhere unless as dry as a nuns ****

You have it sussed really.

So long as the ply is thick enough, has enough fall and is adequately supported then give it a go.

We have used scaffold boards coupled with dpm in the past and it works well. Make sure you secure the dpm adequately or it will slip down the chute.

The concrete will tend to bunch up at the chute bottom so get your shovel warmed up.

Sponsored Links
reckon a chute will save a lot of mess that barrowing will cause, plus I'm on my own doing this :(

thanks for confirmation

You have it sussed really.

So long as the ply is thick enough, has enough fall and is adequately supported then give it a go.

We have used scaffold boards coupled with dpm in the past and it works well. Make sure you secure the dpm adequately or it will slip down the chute.

The concrete will tend to bunch up at the chute bottom so get your shovel warmed up.
Having one as shiny as a Scottish Coppers Buttons helps too :idea: NOT Clegged up with old concrete :evil:

What about one of those trucks that mixes just the amount you need on site and comes with 5 Eastern Europeans who barrow the stuff for you

LOL.

Why don't this bloody site archive or mark old threads as dead or something :rolleyes:

It will stop all the idiots replying

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back