Building adjacent to party garden wall terraced house london

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to build a bathroom in the space between the rear extension of my property and the party garden wall.

My property is a typical terraced London house. Not detached.

The width of the space is approximately 1300cm.
The party garden wall is an 11” brick wall. Not a true 90 degree vertical, tilting be a few degrees into my neighbours space.
I want to have a slanted double glazed roof.

As I understand it I have to create a new wall to support my roof
That I have to build a gutter and that no water should fall from my new construction into my neighbour’s space.

I do not know if I have to or if is should build a cavity wall adjacent to the party wall. (space is at a premium.)
Similarly I do not know if I have to use a certain thickness of block.

Height I think that I can only have a height of 2 metres. Is this correct and where would the measurement be taken from.

I hope these questions are not answered elsewhere in the collection of Forums. If they have then please direct me to the answers and apologies for this post. I have just registered this afternoon and so far have learned loads.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Hi there, who owns the garden wall , is it yours ? can it be removed and your new wall built in the same place,as i understand it you can build directly up to the dividing point of your property. Have just done an extension on a semi with neighbours written permission (party wall act etc) that sits astride the boundary of the two propertys. height wise without planning i think is around 3 meters but you would have to consult them on your allowed permitted development sizes, also wall thickness or type will probably be determined by building control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back