Building an annex for daughter-want to rent out main house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build an annex under permitted development for my daughter who is a student. She would be living there rent free. I want to rent out the main house and travel overseas. Is there any way of doing this without having to get pp and having it classed as a seperate dwelling, and having council tax seperate. Could the tenants have my daughter employed as a nanny/cleaner and so have to live 'next door', therefore 'incidental' to the main dwelling. I don't want to apply for pp or cert of lawfulness as my local council are notorious for refusing this on any grounds they can (speaking from personal experience with them!) I have done permitted development on my house previously and have upset the council by not getting their permission and being within the law! Anyone been through this or have expert knowledge. Thx

Sponsored Links
If this annex is self contained then you will need planning permission for it, if not then you can do it under PD if it meets the size and location criteria

If you try and cheat, and imply a use which is misleading or false, then you will be in trouble the as soon as the new tenants fall out with you or someone gets jealous

You mean a detached outbuilding? I can’t see how, it would be another dwelling, you’re effectively trying to con the system

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back