Building around a flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of getting an extension started on my property and I need to find a way of dealing with the location of the flue. The external wall of the new extension will be close to where the boiler flue exits the property.

The picture below is not the picture of the property, but my flue looks the same. There is no down pipe on the left at my property. Originally the plan was to keep the flue out of the new extension or move the boiler in the extension. But know I am looking at options of possibility of building around the flue and using a 90 degree bend to point it to the left. And maybe clad the brick work around the bend to seal it. Is there any possibility of doing this?

I know there is an option of keeping the flue inside the new extension and then using a bend through the new wall, but I am working on really tight space. It would be best if what I propose in the picture is possible in anyway.

Hope someone can suggest any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Might be better asking in the plumbing forum, but will depend on the make/model of boiler. Some will allow bends in the flue, others wont. Unless a bend is available for the specific boiler then its a no go.

Building around an existing flue is highly unlikely to be permitted :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back