Building Foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am an A-level student, and am currently working on my A2 Graphic Design coursework. For this years project, I am designing a permanant structure for my mums beauty salon, to replace the current mobile salon at the end of our garden.

I am planning on including information about the building foundations, and was wondering what materials, processes and costs would be involved.
The size of the new structure is going to be approximately 7m x 10m.

Also, the current workplace has no toilet, but I was planning on including one for the new structure. What drainge facilities would I need to install and how much would these cost?

If anyone could help me out, I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks,

Ashley Garford, 17

please note rule 9

Sponsored Links
I think ring foundations have to be 1 meter wide by 300 deep of 30 neuton concrete reinforced with a box frame 8 core .5mm tied steel rod frame.

But it depends on what ground you have if the ground is not perfect you will have to use a comcrete raft system which has tons of reinforced steel in it.

There are quite a few type of foundation and as its a fictitous design i would draw the simplest which is a raft foundation. Basically a concrete slab which acts as both ground floor and foundations. Make it about 250-300mm thick grade C30 concrete with a reinforcement mesh located about 50mm from the top and bottom of the slab.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back