Building garage around a garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gable blues . So I’ve ran out of reds an only have 8 left and my local shop ain’t got any left but I still need to do the final course at the top of the gable . Apart from a bit of front damage that needs repointing I’m quite impressed with my results so far taking into account I had never laid a brick before i decided to rebuild the garage so don’t want to screw it up.

I have about 30 blues still sitting around ,

Wife thinks I should wait until the shop gets a new delivery and do the final course in red when they come in.
Son reckons I should do the final course both in red and blues ,so one in blue then a red then a blue and so on.
I’m thinking of doing the whole final layer in the blues.

Any idea which is the best way forward, what would you do.

Ps to anyone don’t buy wicks bricks the size different between each brick can be as much as 5 mm in length and 4 mm in height.

Attachments

• 92B7D1A1-8901-4C41-BF10-32E36103A33E.jpeg
    92B7D1A1-8901-4C41-BF10-32E36103A33E.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 721EDBFD-E4D2-47ED-BBBA-3DDA14EE1749.jpeg
    721EDBFD-E4D2-47ED-BBBA-3DDA14EE1749.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cheers guys.

Laying bricks I found to be quite easy , blocks are a pain. Pointing things up well I found in the beginning to be harder than laying

The main problem with having no experience is the time it takes . Something that would take a brickie two hours to lay was taking me two days in the beginning. I also measure, level ,gauge ,plumb etc to much as I can’t trust my eye. I also would also never have got this far without YouTube and woody and a few other on here.

I agree it looks good in red but i need to get the roof on. Has anyone got any pictures of blues with reds on a gable .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back