Building near a sewer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some people I know have put in for full PP for a single storey rear extension which will finish under 2m from a public sewer in the back garden. I think it is about 1.5m at the nearest point.

The nearest point is also the inspection chamber.

The sewer is 150m diameter and is not very deep, around 1- 1.5m by the looks of it in the inspection chamber. It serves five houses.

How does this common situation work in the real world vis a vis the 3m guideline I have read about?

When drawing plans is it better to spend the £350 first and get a definite agreement, or is the agreement so likely it is better to get the PP first???

Sponsored Links
It sounds like it should be OK to do the Build Over after PP is granted. To do the build over some techy foundation drawings are required which obviously carries a cost to have them produced.

Thanks.

Just so I know, say PP is granted, would it be best to do the foundation drawings and secure the building over agreement first before submitting the full building regs drawings?

Or is that distance to the sewer so certain of water co. approval you could crack on with both simultaneously?

I appreciate its a bit of a chicken and egg thing but I don't know how close you can go to the sewer before it really does become a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back