Building over private drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to continue a extension now after it turned into a shambles with a rogue builder.

So behind the garage I'm doing a side extension, it had a manhole there only serving my house, not shared. So I believe it's a private drain.
I have a manhole on my driveway also, is there any need for me to move the manhole where my extension is going to the back of the garden, or should I just add a rodding eye?

2. If I ever sell the property because I didn't need a build over agreement due to it being a private drain over the extension, will it cause me issues? Will I need to get indemnity?

Sponsored Links
I had similar and building inspector guided.

Don't you have building control?

Who would you be getting the build over agreement from ? It’s your drain

Sponsored Links
I have BC but it's private and they been pretty useless only want to come out when it's time for inspection

I have BC but it's private and they been pretty useless only want to come out when it's time for inspection
Sums up private inspectors. LA inspectors are better, but you do need to have a rapport going with them first, before you start with the questions. The last thing any of them want to do is babysit DIYers through their projects.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back