Building Plans

6 Jul 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom

We need to have some plans drawn for a loft conversion. They only need to show area and volume so that we can get a lawful development certificate so don't need to be too snazzy! :)

Therefore, architects seem too expensive for our purposes. Can you please advise on who could do such plans for us and what we should expect to pay (its a small loft - 4.8x7.5m less chimney breasts).

Thanks a lot for your help! :)
Sponsored Links
As you know already, no need for an Architect, find yourself a technician under Architectural Services in the yellow pages, a few quotes is the only way you'll get your price.
If its for planning permission then just do it your self you will need all elevations and a plan at 1:50 scale get heights by counting brick courses and a site plan at 1:25000 get from the land registry. Then fill in the application form and send off with the relevant number of copies.
Include a design statement to include things such as exterior finishes and roof coverings etc.
the level of detail for a straightforward application is fairly basic.

I am just a builder with no formal drawing skills and have done at least half a dozen planning apps myself for loft conversions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links