Building regulations confusion. Do I need it or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Class 6 Outbuilding according to : https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200128/building_control/38/building_regulations/2

Per above, I am exempt from A to K, M, N and Q, but not Part L or P.

However, I have a wet room, and consumer unit, and its said that these need to meet Building regulations. "Wet Room Ventilation Building Regulations" have to follow Part F of Building Regs

and "Wet Room Drainage Regulations" so I have to follow Part H

But there is a contradiction as it says Class 6 Outbuildings are EXEMPT from A-K. BUT my Outbuilding has a SHOWER and other things which state I need building regs.

So do I have to follow the Building regs or not? On one hand it tells me Im exempt from Parts A-K of the Building regs, then it says if you have a wet room, shower, toilets then you need to follow Part H, but Part H is a part of the A-K Exemption?

Please advise

Sponsored Links
Regulations G1, G3(2) and (3) and part P apply.
I personally would also apply Part L, however regulation 21(3)(d) states Part L does not apply to "stand-alone buildings other than dwellings with a total useful floor area of less than 50m2", as the building is ancillary to a dwelling I would apply it, your LA may take a different interpretation though.
Nothing else can be applied.
Interestingly there is also no requirement for glazing to satisfy Part N.

edit - That should say Part K, the statutory instrument still refers to Part N.

Regulations G1, G3(2) and (3) and part P apply.
I personally would also apply Part L, however regulation 21(3)(d) states Part L does not apply to "stand-alone buildings other than dwellings with a total useful floor area of less than 50m2", as the building is ancillary to a dwelling I would apply it, your LA may take a different interpretation though.
Nothing else can be applied.
Interestingly there is also no requirement for glazing to satisfy Part N.

edit - That should say Part K, the statutory instrument still refers to Part N.

thanks, Does this electrical document satisify Part L of Building Regulations?
20170521_0813351.jpg

URL][img]

Attachments

• 20170521_0813351.jpg
    20170521_0813351.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 226
Sponsored Links
Does this electrical document satisify Part L of Building Regulations?
Its actually part P, Part L relates to thermal insulation.
Electrics can be self certified by a competent person (NIEIC, NAPIT, ELECSA etc), as your example cert, or by anyone else but will then require an application and inspection by building control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back