building replacement garage wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our garage rear wall is in a sorry state, the guy who owned the house before us extended the garage but did not tie in the wall properly so the whole thing moves. The idiot actually build a column using the edge of a concrete drain surround and one brick as foundation.

Anyway I am looking to remove this and return the garage back to it's dimension. I have decided to replace the wall with a wood frame wall with an outer skin external piywood covered in UPVC shiplap panels and French doors so that we can use it as a sun room.

My question is how do I make this wood frame waterproof at ground level. I concerned about rain water many the garage stand on a concrete base, which extends about 3 ft beyond the existing wall on the rear and sides which is approx 6-8 inches thick, do I have to lay a concrete fillet to lift the wood off ground slightly.

Any help would be welcome, Thanks

Sponsored Links
if you get the foam filled sections of PVC and fix them flatwards to the concrete, then paint the edge black, it will lift the bottom edge of the wood slightly of the concrete. You could "seal" the new plastic bits with a bitumen goo to stop water getting under it.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back