Building shed on brick paving - advice please

Hi everyone,

Just thought I should share the horrendous experience that is dealing with Urban Forest Timber Buildings, and see if I can't help others who are having the misfortune of dealing with them (or discourage you from ever buying from them!).

I put a deposit of £113 on a shed back in early March and was promised a delivery date of May 16th (today). I have heard literally nothing from them since the day I handed over the money. I called and emailed them repeatedly all last week to check that the delivery was happening, but, as others have experienced, they never answer the phone and don't respond to emails. Surprise, surprise, no shed has turned up today and I strongly suspect that I'll never hear another word from them. You better believe I'll do my best to pester them until I get my money back, and will be speaking to trading standards.

I may have some means of contacting them if others are having problems, although I can't promise they're definitely right (just what I came up with through an extensive internet trawl). The company has two directors:

David Richards - 07934 182068 - 01384 274585 - https://m.facebook.com/david.richards.98?pn_ref=info_relation

Catherine Owen - 07958 087099 - [email protected] - https://m.facebook.com/CatherinePatriciaOwen

Feel free to try to contact them, I've yet to receive any response but you may have better luck and at least the annoyance might make them realise they can't treat people like this! Email them, text them, call them, send them Facebook messages, make them hear you!

Oh and don't give them a penny of your hard earned cash, you'll regret it if you do!

Sponsored Links
Let us know if you do hear back from them, just for entertainment. I wonder if they have improved on their 'electrical problems' excuse. I did actually get my shed in the end, although their installers cocked up the roof and the rain comes in through the joints in the felt. The walls and floor are fine though!

I have just had a good look at their Facebook posts. Whilst the blokes is fairly blank, Catherine's is open for anyone to view. It would seem that that took their family to Vegas for a wedding in January and all had a wonderful time spending all your lovely money. I wouldn't hold out thinking you are getting any back and trading standards is the way to go.

Got a letter yesterday and they've entered insolvency apparently. Have to try to claim the money back through my card provider!

Sponsored Links
Hi all

Bumping this - does anybody know of any (reliable) companies that supply tanalised sheds at a decent price? I can see some others on eBay but they are based in the same area as this rabble so I am concerned that they are one-and-the-same.

Alternatively.... are there any good suppliers for the timber needed to build my own? Part of me wants to do this anyway as it sounds fun.... although a self-build 16ft shed would be pretty much the biggest project I've ever taken on.

Try http://www.tigersheds.com/.

I bought mine from there a few months back and they are superb.

Great quality, delivered on time and good value.

+1

I got a "Security Shed" from tiger middle of last year and it's an awesome bit of kit. Excellent service and very fast delivery, too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back