building

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help needed i have just bought a house which is face brick build and only recentely i noticed by the front door the paint was peeling and it looked wet on further inspection i hacked off a small area exposing a small amount of damp blocks i hve been told by some local builders that they are sure it is not rising damp as there are other factors that may cause the problem these are where the damp is there is a electric meter box which on the outside has a glass block could this be the problem also on the outside wall there is my downpipe could these be whats causing the damp? also what can i do to cure this problem (does i need to be injected or can i buy anything to paint over it?) please help is a spotted this prob half way through decorating and need to finish off so i can move in!!

Sponsored Links
By what you are explaining, its sounds to me that the paint is peeling on the reveal of the front door? If it is it sounds like the vertical dpc has failed, if any has been put in? or its too small. should put 6" on a 4" thick wall to protrude either side. But on saying this check your downpipe for obvious leaks, if its saturating the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back