Buildings insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am applying for buildings insurance. My Victorian house, built about 1885 had another house built next to it some ten years later which looks completely different. The wall of the two houses has a slight gap (about 2") between them although the roof appears to have no gap at all. Is my house detached or semi detached for insurance purposes? I know it's unusual but hope someone can help.

Sponsored Links
If you don't share a common wall, then I don't believe that your house can be defined as semi-detached. I'm sure that the insurance company will clarify.

Anita11, hi

Having spent the last 15 years in the Insurance Industry, I would advise that you refer your question to your prospective Insurer and ask for their opinion on your situation?

The reasoning is that your Insurer cannot wriggle out of a possible FUTURE claim, as far as insurers are concerned, any, ABSOLUTELY, any reason at all, at all to decline your potential future claim will be seized upon so as not to pay out any of their had earned massive funds.

Get your potential Insurer to tell you what they consider your property to be defined as, once that is clear your potential Insurer cannot back out of any potential claim because the Insurer has defined their interpretation of your Properties definition, Semi, or Otherwise??

And finally, get them to confirm either in letter or e mail format their decision.

Ken

Sponsored Links
Back