Built in window vents, help needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hopefully I've posted this in the right place.
I live in a rented property and about a week after we moved in we had some strong winds and one of the vents fell off. I can't put it back into the allocated hole because the clips that hold it in place fell inside and I can't get them out. I'm not sure what the clips are called so am not sure how to go about getting some new ones to fix it. They look like this:

And this is the vent for reference :

Thanks in advance for any information you can give.

Sponsored Links
I've managed to work out that it's a Triton model. I think it's Trimvent select Xtra XS13. I've been on their website and am going to look into buying a new vent as the opening mechanism is broken and only holds on by one hinge (supposed to be three)

Any ideas on the best way to fit them? I looked at their guide but it's a bit lost on me. It's a surface clip fix model and seems a bit tricky to fit as when I put the clip in and try and slot the vent on over it the clip just falls inside :/ and if I slot the clip into the vent first and then try and put it in the gap then I cant get the right angle to actually put it in place. Fiddly work!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back