Bulb blowing in one socket only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - a bulb in one room stopped working and blew the circuit breaker. I replaced the original bulb with a working one but it still didn't work (after resetting the circuit breaker). I took a bulb out of a light that was working to be sure and put this in the blown socket and this also didn't work. I put that bulb back in it's original, working socket but it no longer worked either so something had happened to that bulb too.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? The original socket has been working fine until now so it's a bit strange?!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Many of the people I meet tell me, "that light does not work. I put x new bulbs in and it's kaput."

So I ask, does the lamp work?

It's brand new.

But does it work?

So I take a lamp that has been tested & works out of another fitting and put it in the "kaput fitting" and, hey presto, it works!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back