Bulbs And Lamp Shades

Yep colour balance is indeed a pain, i'm still stuck on film and my beat up but much loved Leica M2, I D&P my own too and colour printing filtration can be interesting too.

Personally I use two very old Mole-Richardson fresnels, have seen those fluorecent boxes though.

You'll be telling me you're still using VIR cable next! :)

Seriously though excellent gear you have there. I used to shoot film, but never really got into it that much, just 35mm SLR stuff. Snapshots mostly.

I used to help my dad sometimes develop his B/W stuff, including cut film from a Speed Graphic he had at one time.

Been toying with the idea for some time of getting a vintage MF film camera like a Mamiyaflex.

Sponsored Links
No not VIR, still use MICC though :LOL:

I also run an Alpa 10d (now thats a weird bit of kit) and a Rolleiflex T that I use occasionally but the Mamiyaflex like the c330 are great shooters, aspirationally it has to be a Hassy or Linhof technika :D

If you are going into MF a Mamiya 645 or an early Bronica is a cost effective way in, of course if you get a Hassy you can get digi backs

No not VIR, still use MICC though :LOL:

I also run an Alpa 10d (now thats a weird bit of kit) and a Rolleiflex T that I use occasionally but the Mamiyaflex like the c330 are great shooters, aspirationally it has to be a Hassy or Linhof technika :D

If you are going into MF a Mamiya 645 or an early Bronica is a cost effective way in, of course if you get a Hassy you can get digi backs

I did a lot of Pyro work at one time. The old engineer at the place where I worked would have nothing else. Did a Pyro course too, when the compression type seals first came in (ish). The new engineer was all SWA though. They learned their lesson when they had an oil fire which leaked into the cable tunnels!

I had to look up the Alpa. Looks good kit. The only film camera I have at the moment apart from the wife's Olympus Trip, is a Praktika TL. must get a battery sorted and run a film through that.

You can get Hassy digital backs like the leaf or the Phase 1, but have you seen the price?

A guy I know who shoots Hassy digital professionally (and has shot them for 30 years both film and digi) reckons he much prefers the 35mm DSLRs and only really uses the Hassy where it's expected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back