Bumps in wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I papered over wallpaper along the fire place wall one half looks amazing the other half has bubbles in it think the paper underneath has come away if there anything I can do to make it go down I dont want to redo it really

Sponsored Links
Assuming you haven't papered over a pet hamster the bubbles usually shrink back after a day or so, don't panic at this stage just wait and see how it dries first.

haha no pet hamster or budgies ! i live in hope then :)(y)

But !! if they don't go down, its a case of stripping off and starting again. Its never best to paper over old paper to be honest.

Sponsored Links
But !! if they don't go down, its a case of stripping off and starting again. Its never best to paper over old paper to be honest.
Ah don't spoil her day mate! Think glass half full ;). Good chance it will be OK main thing is not panic and rip it all down at once.
Please let us know how it goes as Robbie says it is not ideal to paper over old paper but you may get away with it, if not it will depend how many bulges you are left with and how big.

Ha Ha Yes it may well go down and dry nice and tight, If I had done it, it would be like a camels back forever !!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back