bungalow ch pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm working under the floorboards, upgrading the lagging to my ch pipework to radiators.
The layout in the bungalow involves some very long feed and return pipe runs in a U shape system. (rectangular shaped bungalow.) I'm no expert, so I'm interested to know what people think of converting it to a one pipe system. It would save on heating about 25+ metres of pipework and be quite easy to fit.
Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
If u have a two pipe system already then absolutely not. one pipe systems heat each rad in turn so usually the rad at the end of the circuit is larger as the water is cooling by the time it gets there. Really innefficient. Two pipes heat all your rads simaltaneously. Just lag your pipes under boards as planned.

Good luck

just fit foam lagging - with the greatest wall thickness you can get on = even changing sizes as space permits :idea:

Sponsored Links
For someone who doesn't know about these things, I thought it seemed a good idea to save work. I'm just going to have to spend the weekend under the floorboards. Thanks very much for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back