Bungalow shower 10m from Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm having an extension to my 1960's bungalow and will put in a new ensuite. This means a new shower that will be 10m from my boiler which is at the other end of the property.

The house has a 3 year old combi and some sort of pressurised tank in the roof although I've no idea what it does. It's not insulated so I don't think it's hot water. I only bought the place last year and the previous owners reinstalled the heating system.

I'd like to know how I can get quick hot water and a decent shower pressure. Here are the options I'm aware of:

1. Electric shower ( the mains pressure is great)
2. Thermostatic mixer on the combi and just wait for the hot water to flush through
3. Some sort of hotwater storage tank on the combi

Any advice on solutions gratefully recieved.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
We need to know what that tank in the loft is. How big is it?
Football?
Dustbin?

Thanks for the fast response ChrisR.

It's 100 litres and almost directly above the boiler in the loft.

Are you sure you have a combi, not a system boiler with an unvented cylinder in the loft. To quote Griff Rhys Jones 'the question is crucial'.

Sponsored Links
Hi Tibbot,

Yep, definitely a Vaillant combi. I had a closer look at the tank in the roof. It's a Challenger 100l Expansion tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back