NEW BOILER

nalle59 said:
I don't like the idea of having hot water stored ,having got used to a combi but if this is best system who am I to question experts!
So what boiler is best with meagaflow?

Try an additional combi. Divide and rule. Split the DHW an CH systems

Sponsored Links
If you've got the pressure and flow rate for a megaflo, although I wouldn't fit one, then you will have enough for a 937 to perform well.

200 litres of piping hot water in 10 mins ;)

If you went the unvented cylinder route then go for a Vaillant Unistor, Vaillatnt Ecotec Plus and VR65 controller. These all talk to each other to give the most efficient performance.

gas4you said:
If you've got the pressure and flow rate for a megaflo, although I wouldn't fit one, then you will have enough for a 937 to perform well.

If you went the unvented cylinder route then go for a Vaillant Unistor, Vaillatnt Ecotec Plus and VR65 controller. These all talk to each other to give the most efficient performance.
i'd second that :LOL: :LOL:

gas4you said:
Your money, you get what you want, thats my motto.

Go for a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837, or if you have space the 937 storage combi.

You need to have good flow and pressure on the cold mains to your property though and the gs pipe from the meter will no doubt have to be replaced with a larger size one.

I can't stand installers who try to sell customers what they think is best :mad:

gas4you

We have 22mm gaspipe already it was replaced 10years ago ,also new mains water was laid with good preassure.
I looked at the Which magazine for latest combiboiler reviews and the Vaillant ecoTec Plus 831 was one of the top recommeded for hotwater output 12lt per minute fastest to run a bath , Potterton gold c24he was also good , do you think the vaillant 937 is better than any of the which recommended? :?:

Sponsored Links
nalle59 said:
gas4you said:
Your money, you get what you want, thats my motto.

Go for a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837, or if you have space the 937 storage combi.

You need to have good flow and pressure on the cold mains to your property though and the gs pipe from the meter will no doubt have to be replaced with a larger size one.

I can't stand installers who try to sell customers what they think is best :mad:

gas4you

We have 22mm gaspipe already it was replaced 10years ago ,also new mains water was laid with good preassure.
I looked at the Which magazine for latest combiboiler reviews and the Vaillant ecoTec Plus 831 was one of the top recommeded for hotwater output 12lt per minute fastest to run a bath , Potterton gold c24he was also good , do you think the vaillant 937 is better than any of the which recommended? :?:

I haven't read the review. However 12 litres/min is well .....12 litres/min. I can't deliver any more. Were they testing various kW sizes or the likes? Grouping them together and testing? The 937 has a higher flowrate. The Worcester-Bosch 42 kW gives 17 litres/min - impressive.

If your boiler installation is more than approx 6M from the gas meter then realistically you will need at least 28mm copper gas pipe for the 937.

937 gives 20 litres/min. Which reports are not always as reliable as they seem :rolleyes:

kevindgas said:
gas4you said:

i'd second that :LOL: :LOL:

What does this VR65 controller do ? and is it ok for the 937 as well? :?:

You wont need it on a 937. It is basically a digital communication centre so all the Vaillant ebus compatible componets can talk to each other eg Ecotec Plus boiler, unistor, aurostor cylinder, VRT controllers and the VRT560 solar controller.

gas4you said:
If your boiler installation is more than approx 6M from the gas meter then realistically you will need at least 28mm copper gas pipe for the 937.

I think you meant to say a section of pipe from the meter will have to be in 28mm

937 gives 20 litres/min. Which reports are not always as reliable as they seem :rolleyes:

Doctor Drivel said:
gas4you said:

I think you meant to say a section of pipe from the meter will have to be in 28mm

Hi All

I appreciate all your views , it just shows ,talk to 10 heating engineers get 10 answers ...well nearly ..now ofcourse having all your views on this we don't need to waste heating engineers time to discuss this ! ofcourse having a lot of hotwater on tap is wonderful ..it is not easy desicision as one has to think of the future buyer too and their requirements not only ours .
Dr Drivel ,how much of the gas pipe needs to be 28mm? the gaspipe is already 22mm from the meter to the boiler .
The Vaillant ecoTec 937 is fairly new model and we looked at other postings on this boiler so this and others with heatbank may be the way for us . :)

nalle59 said:
Hi All

I appreciate all your views , it just shows ,talk to 10 heating engineers get 10 answers ...well nearly ..now ofcourse having all your views on this we don't need to waste heating engineers time to discuss this ! ofcourse having a lot of hotwater on tap is wonderful ..it is not easy desicision as one has to think of the future buyer too and their requirements not only ours .
Dr Drivel ,how much of the gas pipe needs to be 28mm? the gaspipe is already 22mm from the meter to the boiler .
The Vaillant ecoTec 937 is fairly new model and we looked at other postings on this boiler so this and others with heatbank may be the way for us . :)

The 937 is a 837 (been around a time now) with an additional backplate with a tank in it. You will not be disappointed and Vaillant are a quality make. In the field the feedback reports are good. They will fill a bath quickly with no problems at all and as fast as a cylinder system.

A heat bank delivers the flow and pressure brilliantly - as much as the mains pipe will give. If you go for one, go for:

- an integrated CH & DHW version.
- Have the CH circuit on a smart pump, like a Wilo Smart or Grundfos Alpha,
- have TRVs on all rads - then no room stat is needed.
- a separate CH zone can be brought back to the heat bank, to keep off sections of the house that don't need heating.
- Have a direct heat bank version
- Say use a Glow Worm Hxi boiler (Vaillaint underneath).
- Have a Magnaclean filter on the CH return to the heat bank cylinder.
- On the CH circuit have a check valve after the pump and one just before the boiler (this one preferably springless) then no gravity circulation into the CH circuit in summer.

Gas pipe sizing:
http://tinyurl.com/38v6f9
Have a dedicated line from the meter to the boiler - no tee offs.

nalle59 said:
Hi All

The 937 is a 837 (been around a time now) with an additional backplate with a tank in it. You will not be disappointed and Vaillant are a quality make. In the field the feedback reports are good. They will fill a bath quickly with no problems at all and as fast as a cylinder system.

A heat bank delivers the flow and pressure brilliantly - as much as the mains pipe will give. If you go for one, go for:

- an integrated CH & DHW version.
- Have the CH circuit on a smart pump, like a Wilo Smart or Grundfos Alpha,
- have TRVs on all rads - then no room stat is needed.
- a separate CH zone can be brought back to the heat bank, to keep off sections of the house that don't need heating.
- Have a direct heat bank version
- Say use a Glow Worm Hxi boiler (Vaillaint underneath).
- Have a Magnaclean filter on the CH return to the heat bank cylinder.
- On the CH circuit have a check valve after the pump and one just before the boiler (this one preferably springless) then no gravity circulation into the CH circuit in summer.

Gas pipe sizing:
http://tinyurl.com/38v6f9
Have a dedicated line from the meter to the boiler - no tee offs.

You know your sh*t!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back