Bunk Bed problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am sorry if I posted this in the incorrect section but was wondering if you can help me. I have a bunk bed which I have had since I was about 8, and now want to turn it into a twin bed (AKA dismantle the bunk beds).

However, upon trying to do this I noticed you need a particular tool to dismantle them. I have attached a picture to try and find out what tool it is so I can go buy one.

Apologies for the noob question, I am completely new to DIY and don't normally do things like this, I don't have the original tool anymore, I mean this was 13 years ago now when we first got them.

http://i.imgur.com/aGumKyA.jpg

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome DSheen :D :D :D

where did you buy it from they might have spares

where did you buy it from they might have spares

We did buy it from Koala Beds in Dartford, 13 years ago.. we just assumed that this particular bed isn't made anymore, and that they don't have the tool anymore.

as you dont need them any more
you could get a screwdriver and a hammer hold the screwdriver at an angle so it rotates the nut anticlockwise

Sponsored Links
Wide blade screwdriver should do it or an old wood chisel of correct width.

Thanks all, funnily enough we found a tool in the cupboard which we haven't used in years which did the trick perfectly, so all is good now :D.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back