burglar alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
would someone tell me what a typical domestic burglar consists of and how these points are wired pls..... thanks

Sponsored Links
with cables is a good way to wire them, as oppsoed to that useless radio crud.

Cables go where ver you put them, best way is lift floorborads etc.

as for waht who knows?

depends on what you require / want

if there were some PIRs put around the house and the bell going on the front of the house, are the PIRs and the bell wired separately?? are they looped?

yep.

ideeally everything should have its own cable.

where do you normally post? (are you a plumber chippy spark?)

Sponsored Links
im normally on the electrics forum, so they are all wired separately and then connected at the panel?????

in that case , yes, radial for every thing.

if for example you have 2 pisrs back to back (say front and back room) then you can use an 8 core and loop from one to the other for powere and tamper, the spare pair you use for the cct pair.

but idealy you run a cable for each.

the controls should have enough ccts for all devices.

it makes life much easier.

you are allowed to double up on doors i.e in series, but its not really worth it.

remember the less you have the less trouble there will be, and obviously fit an fcu for the supply

Each device should ideally be on it's own cable wired back to the main control unit. Typically depending on system you use 4 to 6 cores for PIRs and 2 to 4 cores for door contacts and PA's. Bells generally use 5 cores. The easiest way to do it is to run an 8 core to each point this allows for future expansion and in case the cable is slightly damaged in anyway at a later date.

only need 4 core for galaxy (but you knew that) but yes 8 core is better

i know it probably depends on what alarm system it is but is it relatively easy to set up, say 6 PIRs and the bell????

depends on the panel as to how easy it is "to set up"

first fix the wiring first, it takes longer than anything else.

in the mean time you can decide what panel you want.

are you sure yo want 6 pirs?

oh and you do not mention front door (contact)

probably wont be as many as six and now you've mentioned the door contact ill include one of them just getting a rough idea of the set up really. so 8 core cable separately wired to each device back to the panel supplied by a deicated FCU. then hopefully easy to connect and set up!!!!

s' ok.

as for panel when RF lighting reads this he will tell you a texecom.

I will say its up to you. but dont buy a cheap box of junk, you will regret it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back